Tank tops used to be the cool thing to wear in past decades but they briefly went out of fashion over recent years. Well, now they are back with a bang – and with some wonderfully updated style sand designs. These tops are perfect for the summer, and they look stylish, casual, and chic. The versatility of these tops means that you can team them up with all sorts of other clothing to create a wonderful outfit for the summer.
Whether you want to sport a casual look for a fun day out or a smart casual look for the evening, a summer tank is the ideal addition to your wardrobe. Not only do these tops look stylish but they also offer comfort and a design that enables your skin to breathe during the warmer weather.
Some great patterns to consider
When it comes to tank tops, there are various design patterns that you can choose from to suit your needs. You can create a range of different looks with tank tops in various designs, materials, and colours. So, let’s take a look at some of the top tank top patterns you can choose from:
- Classic design: The classic tank top may seem like a throwback to the 1970s but it is in fact a timeless style that has spanned the decades. With the classic pattern you can look forward to a chic look and a very versatile garment.
- Lace design: If you are looking to combine a classic look with a touch of added elegance, a lace pattern is a great option. You can choose complete lace with an opaque vest attached inside or just go for lace trims and detail. This provides the type of elegance you would expect at resources such as Lauraashley.com, which is known for elegant designs and styles.
- Cut out pattern: When it comes to summertime, cut out detailing on clothing can look great. In addition, it can help to keep you cool. You can opt for as much cut out detailing as you feel comfortable with for your tank top.
- Sequinned tank top: It can get very warm on summer evenings, so it is important look good but stay cool during nights out. A sequin tank top design will ensure that you look glamorous and glitzy but that you also benefit from staying cool throughout the night.
- Half sleeve tank top: Opting for a top with half sleeves is ideal for those that don’t necessarily like showing off their upper arms. You will still be able to look and feel cool during the summer but can cover up a little more.
- Tailored tank top: If you choose a tailored design for your tank top, you can add an extra element of chic. A tailored top will be ideal if you want to create a smart casual outfit for an evening out or more formal events during the summer.
- Loose fitting tank: For more casual days out, a loose fitting tank top design is the perfect choice. You can enjoy comfort and style with these tops, and you can even pop them over your swimsuit around the pool.
- Backless tank top: For those really sizzling days at the beach or out with friends, you can even go for a backless design for your tank top. You can make the most of the sunshine and warmth, get maximum air to your skin, yet still enjoy the elegance of a tank top.
- Fabric and knit tank top: A fabric and knit tank top is a great choice for the summer, as it keeps you feeling really cool during the warmer days. You can also look forward to comfort and choose from a range of fabrics to suit your tastes and preferences. You can have as little or much knitted detail as you like on the top.
- Knitted tank top: Of course, it can get a little cooler during the summer evening. This is the ideal time to wear your knitted tank top. It is ideal for the cooler evenings, as it will still allow your skin to breathe but will keep any summer chills at bay.
- Two-tone tank: Another style you might like is the two-tone tank top. This has one colour or design for the front and a different one for the back. You can go for similar designs or colours or you can choose ones that totally contrast to make your outfit really stand out.
- Cropped tanks: Fresh, young, and fun, cropped tanks are a great choice if you have the figure for it. They offer that cool, casual, hip look for the summer, and are great teamed with jeans, sweat pants and skirts.
With so many different styles, designs, and patterns to choose from, it is little wonder that tank tops are set to be the wardrobe staple for this summer. Whether you dress it up or dress it down, you will enjoy the great benefits of staying cool while looking great.