Is it possible to loose 2kg in just one day? I didn’t believe it until I did it myself, without the intention of losing weight. The main purpose was to beat bloating.
Yes my tummy puffs up easily and regularly. Sometimes it looks like I’m hiding a balloon underneath my long top. I’m wearing stretchy pants most of the time now because it’ll be difficult to button up my jeans when I suffer from bloating.
Ok so back to the story. The other day my tummy was again bloating to the full effect. No matter how hard I sucked my stomach in, it still looked like a very pregnant woman in the mirror. But I’m not. After a long time of suffering from full bloating, I decided to try something to beat it the next day.
The day started with a glass of warm water followed by a cup of coffee. I had smoothie for breakfast. The smoothie was made of half of one big banana, half of one huge avocado, 1 apple with skin, a few almond kernels with skin, 1 heap of table spoon of chia seeds and 2 glasses of milk.
My mum prepared Chinese buns for lunch which were made of flour with meat and vegetable fillings and she expected me to have 10 of those. Usually I could because the buns are delicious. Did I mention that I’m a big eater? Yes, that’s totally disgraceful. But big meals are the cause of bloating. So are lots of white flour, and sodium inside the filling. In order to have a smaller portion, I had 1 more glass of water before lunch with a few drops of apple cider vinegar. And ate very slowly. As a result, in stead of eating 10 of those evil buns, I had 5 and some salad, and a small piece of fish. Now when I wrote this down, the total portion still looked quite big! Maybe room for improvement?
For dinner I had salad, and a glass of warm milk with one tea spoon of honey. An hour after dinner, I skipped rope for around 30 minutes. After that, I had a glass of lemon water. The next day when I woke up, my tummy was less bloated and I was 2 kg lighter. What a pleasant my surprise.
So I had a small win with my battle with bloating. It’ll be a long battle so here are 10 effective ways to beat bloating from my research and personal experience:
1. Eat smaller portions. Don’t eat too much at a time. I usually only stop eating after it feels like I’m going to explode. That got to be changed.
2. Eat less carb. It’s hard for Chinese to eliminate white rice and white flour from their diet completely. But if bloating problem bothers you, carb consumption needs to be cut down.
3. Be prepared for PMS. That time of the month is unpleasant. Most likely you’ll be even more bloated than usual because your body thinks you are pregnant. You tend to eat more and sleep more before and during that time. Be mindful of those symptoms and stick to smaller food portions any way.
4. Eat fruit with skin on.
5. Drink green tea. I’m not a tea drinker but will go green tea a try to see if it’ll help with bloating problems.
6. Drink lemon water.
7. Drink more milk.
8. Avoid food with way too much sodium.
9. Eat foods that beat bloating. Here are some examples:
- Oat meal
- Brown rice
- Blue berries
- Steak (lean)
10. Eat less foods that can cause bloating. Some of super healthy food made the list.
Do you suffer from bloating too? I’d love to hear your tips on how to beat it!